Fully-Cleared Java Engineers
Recruiting Associates (www.recruitingassociates.net) has been retained by a leading government contractor to find fully-cleared Java Software Engineers to work in Fairfax, VA.
As the PRIME contractor, our client supports Mission critical software application systems. Diversity of project offerings with many different applications being developed with different types of development work (front-end, middle-tier, back-end, database development, etc.). Our client has enjoyed serving their customer for over a decade with long-term relationships and project successes. Staff size exceeds 100 members with opportunities for growth in leadership, technical, or customer interfacing roles.
Position Summary: We are seeking an experienced Java developer who under minimal direction performs as a fully experienced Software Developer in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or providing complex enhancements to existing software. You get to work on the GUI, middle tier & databases. The work done makes a difference in our client’s mission.
Key Highlights of Position:
- Large, rich client relational database warehouse system
- Large client base working on mission critical duties
- High availability, highly used application with near real-time data
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writes code to create single-threaded or user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone or those which access servers or services.
- Develops code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified time frame according to departmental standards and guidelines.
- Identifies and reports problems in new and existing software. Recreates reported software problems to facilitate solutions. This includes validating the fix for the software problem.
- Writes, modifies, and debugs software for client applications.
- Develops the critical components of the solution, including but not limited to, security, rules infrastructure, custom adapter implementation, and application interfaces.
- Uses source debuggers and visual development environments.
- Interprets business requirements and implements the necessary technology to fulfill requirements.
- Serves as the primary technical lead for projects at the enterprise level, analyzing existing application interfaces, schemas and data needs.
- Architects and codes multi-environment system solutions utilizing various programming languages.
- Profiles, analyzes and optimizes the software he/she is responsible for implementing.
- Employs best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development.
- Actively participates in the documentation of software requirements, functional design, flowcharts and diagrams.
- Supports completed software throughout the Software Development Life Cycle and in production.
- Performs as a project lead with the responsibility for the instruction, assignment, direction, and monitoring of the performance of assigned software developers working on a specific project.
- Assists in the scheduling and coordinating of projects and may be involved in the design phase of a project.
- Seeks to improve personal job related knowledge and departmental process by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications.
- Typically requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience.
- The clearance level required is dependent on the type of clearance supported by our client.
- Java development experience
- SQL programming experience
- GUI experience
- Experience writing web services