Recruiting Associates (www.recruitingassociates.net) has been retained by a leading non-profit firm consulting firm to identify a Veteran Talent Acquisition specialist to work in McLean, VA.
Our client is looking for a strong self-starter for our first talent acquisition specialist dedicated solely to veterans. In this role, the person will be responsible for creating our military hiring strategy and fostering relationships with service members from all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces. The Veteran Talent Acquisition Specialist will generate leads to increase the pipeline of quality military candidates that meet the employment needs of the firm’s lines of business, and increase veteran hiring year over year. They will regularly attend transitioning, networking and recruiting events, acting as a company ambassador for our client's corporate brand.
- Source and Recruit high quality candidates with military backgrounds .
- Create, implement and track national and local strategies to attract military talent with government partners, military bases, veteran service organizations, nonprofits, university veteran representatives, vendors, and other military dedicated external partners.
- Analyze recruiting data and market intelligence to formulate recruiting plans and best practices for future recruiting.
- Source, screen, interview, and lead candidates through the hiring process.
- Work with management to understand recruiting needs and developing strategies to meet hiring goals.
- Serve as an internal champion for attention to facilitating an effective transition from military to private sector employment through military-specific training and professional development and other engagement initiatives.
- Attend recruiting events, interview days, and career fairs.
Required skills and experience
- Bachelors’ degree from accredited college or university.
- Five or more years’ experience with recruiting, with at least two specifically recruiting military personnel or veterans.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience engaging national organizations, conducting outreach, communicating with high-level stakeholders, interacting with state and local level government, public speaking, and reporting to corporate leadership.
- Strong communication, influencing, and problem solving skills toward all stakeholders
- Experience with recruiting systems or demonstrated ability to learn automated systems
- Ability to travel as needed
- Able to identify passive candidates through various resources
- Have an understanding of OFCCP compliance and the ability to track requisitions for compliance
- Have a proven track record of successfully meeting key performance deadlines
- Be knowledgeable of employment laws and compliant hiring practices
- Able to obtain and maintain a U.S. government security clearance
Our client offers generous compensation package with excellent benefits. Business casual dress, onsite exercise facility and free parking are just a few of the many work-life benefits.