Recruiting Associates (www.recruitingassociates.net) has been retained by a small and dynamic government contractor to identify a Technical Writer
to support DIA CIO. The consultant will assist the DIA customer who serves as the innovation engine for DIA CIO by leveraging commercial technology and best practices and applying them to the Intelligence and DoD Enterprise. The consultant will also craft and evolve: Concepts of Operations, Standard Operating Procedures, Functional Test Plans and User Manuals, System Installation Procedures, System Administration Guides for Defense Intelligence Agency in a very agile environment.
- Assist the client with the identification, analysis, and clarification of requirements; assessment and maintenance of an accurate baseline of the DIA’s community's current capabilities; management and enhancement of distributed labs baselines; identification of potential commercial solutions and strategies.
- Assist in facilitating Technical Exchange Meetings, Management Reviews and assist Task Order Lead with program support.
- Analyze requirements, develop source materials, and consult engineers, editors, and illustrators while preparing technical documents.
- Prepare interview questions and conduct interviews with both Technical Developers and Mission Partners (end users).
- Organize and translate information into clearly written documentation.
- Attend relevant technical meetings and perform assigned tasks as required.
- Organize and create technical documents from notes, meeting minutes, and whiteboarding sessions.
- Support DIA in the execution of its mission to accelerate the identification, introduction and rapid deployment of emerging and advanced technologies and standards.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting, and complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must have an active TS/SCI Clearance and able to pass aPpolygraph.
- Must have at least 7 years’ experience in Technical Writing.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent training and/or experience with a master's degree or advanced training in Business Administration.
- Experience in collecting and clarifying technical information
- Skilled at reviewing and editing written documentation to improve clarity
- Understanding of Information Technology concepts and ability to translate information into clearly written documents
- Exposure to cutting edge technologies and innovative concepts preferred