Recruiting Associates (www.recruitingassociates.net) has been retained by a leading not-for-profit strategic consulting organization focused on the federal government,
to find a fully-cleared Project Control Analyst to work in Tysons, VA.
The Project Control Analyst will support Program Management Teams (Vice Presidents, Program Directors, Program Managers, and Project Leaders) in financial management of projects and programs. This position requires someone with 5+ years of Project Control experience supporting projects and programs for a Government Contractor including FFP, T&M, and Cost Plus Award Fee contract types. Preferably, have experience supporting programs in the intelligence community. The Project Control Analyst will lead with a positive attitude and ownership mentality. Teamwork and collaboration will be critical for the success of this role, along with having the ability to work independently on assigned tasks and responsibilities. Focus on accuracy and consistency of data and numbers is a pre-requisite for this role.
- Collaborate with Project Management Teams (including Program Directors, Program Managers, and Project Leaders) in the development, review, and updates of project and program budgets, forecasts, and estimate-at-completion (EAC) and associated reporting and analysis.
- Facilitate contract kick-off meetings to ensure consistency and effectiveness of CostPoint project set up, project billing and accounting, and other contractual obligations and requirements that have a financial implication. Collaborate with accounting department in project set up structure and process.
- Set up and maintain CostPoint project workforce in order to manage labor charges on projects; partner with program management team to communicate personnel ceilings and budgets to project team members. Track personnel spend against budgets as required.
- Monitor and review project and program expenditures for accuracy and consistency. Collaborate with accounting department in resolving any discrepancies or miscoding of expenditures.
- Review, monitor, and report project financial performance (revenue, cost, margins) and identify and present potential deviations against budget or forecasts to management. Develop and provide recommendations for corrective action or improvement as necessary.
- Support subcontractor/vendor cost management lifecycle, including setting up Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, tracking subcontractor/vendor invoicing and payments, and developing back up for subcontractor accruals. Review subcontractor invoices for accuracy, timeliness and completion. Collaborate with Purchasing Department to ensure subcontractor funding is up to date, in place, and in line with prime contract.
- Proactively partner with program management team in order to understand and track program risks and challenges and ensure risk mitigation activities are in place as necessary to avoid performance issues.
- Prepare and/or support preparation of client status reports, integrated program reviews, and/or ad-hoc program related financial requests from clients, internal management, and other stakeholders.
- Review and approve client invoices for submission to customer. Collaborate with Project Accounting and Billing Department in supporting client questions associated with billings and reviewing and resolving unbilled charges.
- Monitor, track, and forecast project spend for labor and non-labor (travel/ODCs). Manage labor category spend on T&M contracts with labor category ceilings.
- Collaborate with Pricing Department and Program Management teams in development of price proposals and cost estimates including documentation of pricing assumptions and basis of estimates.
- Support audit requirements from federal agencies (DCAA/DCMA/Other) and internal and external auditors.
- Support development or enhancement of project control processes, procedures, and systems.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a Project/Program Control role or finance/accounting role for a government contractor
- Deltek Costpoint experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate across departments and levels of an organization
- Strong organization skills and focus on accuracy and consistency
- Strong analytical and problem solving
- Strong MS Excel skills required
- Experience with various contract types (FFP, T&M, CPFF)
- This position requires an active Top Secret with polygraph.